The History of Deep Run
DRVSA began play as the Dublin Little League and soon Deep Run Valley Little League at two fields behind Goldie's Diner in Dublin, PA, in the spring of 1963, following a series of organizational meetings in 1962. The League initially had 4 Major League division teams and 5 Minor League division teams.
Expansion began in 1969 when the Majors Division moved to 6 teams and the Minors to two 4-team divisions. This expansion prompted the purchase of 16.5 acres in Hilltown for $10,000. With Softball and a Senior Division added in the early 70s, Deep Run left sanctioned Little League and incorporated as the DRVSA.
Following the inception of Soccer in 1976, a second floor was added to the clubhouse. Continued growth led to adding 3 acres from Carson's in 1995 and 3 soccer fields on Telegraph Road. Currently, more than 10 soccer fields are used annually.
Major facility improvements (press boxes & dugouts) have created quality playing fields for our various baseball/softball programs. Three pavilions (one donated by the Schramm Family in John's memory & the newest dedicated to John Cardican, a former soccer director at DR who passed away in 2016) and a utility building are also used heavily. New scoreboards were added to baseball and softball fields.
As our facilities have grown, our programs, too, have evolved. In 1990, The League returned officially to official Little League status for baseball and softball. Our affiliation with Connie Mack continues, and travel soccer has grown beyond our original Upper Bucks Soccer League membership. Finally, in the late 90s, a basketball program was instituted, and it has grown rapidly. Our Membership is closing in on 1200 families, and the budget is over $250,000.
This brief historical overview shows that we owe a great debt to our founders and subsequent leaders, sponsors, coaches, participating families, and the community at large.